Monday, September 19, 2011

Brisk Moments of Fall


I love the first brisk moments of fall.  Those of you who know me, know that I LOVE warm weather and that I would much rather live in extreme heat than extreme cold.  And although I do enjoy the heat, there is something so refreshing and exhilarating to my soul about the first brisk moments of fall.

Perhaps it's the bundling and layering of clothes, perhaps it's the crunch of leaves, perhaps it's the warmth of boiled peanuts (those of you in the South know what I'm talking about), perhaps it's the college football, perhaps it's the warm apple cider.  Or perhaps it's the change of the seasons and the excitement of the refreshment it brings.

The change in seasons, while more mild here in the Southeast than other locations, always reminds me that His mercies are new every morning and there is no end to His faithfulness and love.



 22 The steadfast love of the LORD never ceases;
    his mercies never come to an end;
23
they are new every morning;
    great is your faithfulness.
24
"The LORD is my portion," says my soul,
    "therefore I will hope in him."


Lamentations 3:22-24

No comments:

Post a Comment