Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Oklahoma City

I had my first encounter with Oklahoma City when Pete and I were engaged and we came out to visit his brother and boy oh boy, was it beautiful!  I remember walking around downtown, over at the memorial, and strolling through the Bricktown area.  I was impressed by it's pedestrian friendly streets, quaint restaurants, and fun things to do.  Throughout our married life thus far, Pete and I would tell you that if we had to live in the States, OKC is one place we would consider.  This is a huge step for me coming from the Southeast and loving the great state of GEORGIA!  But honestly, Oklahoma City is really that beautiful and it has an essence of home, warmth, and friendliness (even if it's not technically in the south).

While living in Longview, TX, Pete and I would occasionally make the 6 hour drive up to OKC to visit his brother, Phil, sis-in-love Steph, and their adorable girls, Kalli and Tori.  We enjoyed spending our Easter holidays and other random weekend getaways here in OKC.

Tonight, we spent the evening in Bricktown.  Just as beautiful as it was the last time and so family friendly!  After dining on some great burgers, chicken fingers, sandwiches, and mac'n'cheese for the little ones, my oldest niece and I went on a mini-walk.  It was a bit too cold for everyone to walk around and was starting to get late, so while the rest of the family packed into the car and got it started, Kalli and I took a mini-walk down the street, past the baseball stadium and statues to the splatter-painted buffalo at the end of the road.  It was a short walk, but it was so fun to skip, sing, and chat with sweet Kalli-Joy!

While we do love OKC for all the great attributes of the city and the great things to do day and night, the absolute best part about this city is our family here!  We look forward to showing them around our new home in Indo and to fun times returning to OKC and visiting them on our furloughs.

Kalli standing beside the buffalo!

No comments:

Post a Comment