Friday, June 1, 2012

Reactions

Earlier today, Pete and I were at Home Depot getting some tubs to begin packing up our entire life of "things" into a couple of wooden crates.  As I was walking through the front door a very kind lady stopped me to ask if I would be interested in signing up for a free patio screen drawing.  I responded the way I do most times these days when asked if I want/need something that can only be used Stateside, "No thank you, I'm moving to Indonesia."

Photo courtesy of lonelyplanet.com.

It never fails, EVERY time, I feel compelled to share that last little part of the response, "I'm moving to Indonesia."

And EVERY time, I get some sort of reaction.  Some are humorous, some are encouraging, and some are ridiculous.

"Wow!  That sounds exciting."

"Are you sure, it sounds dangerous."

"I could NEVER do that."

"Really, why?" - I personally LOVE this one, what a great way to share Jesus' love!!!


Pete and I have received many reactions from friends and family, as well.   The reactions have blown us away.   The support, prayers, and generosity of our friends and family is more than we could have ever imagined.

I must admit I like the different reactions.  Perhaps it is because of the shock value, or hearing some of these awesome responses, but it does my heart good to claim the promise of the Lord in the moment.  That I am moving to Indonesia because HE is making it possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment