Tuesday, July 24, 2012

His Power in My Weakness

And He has said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness.  ”Most gladly, therefore, I will rather boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me."
2 Corinthians 12:9


I haven't stopped thinking about this verse all night long.  Last night we received a message from a family friend letting us know that they wanted to be a part of our ministry team and they were hoping that we would ask them to join the ministry of MAF as we seek to follow Jesus in Indonesia.  Needless to say, we were (and are) thrilled that they would want to join our team.  But all night long, all I could do was think about how it would have been so easy for them not to send us a message, for it to just slide right under the table and not ever have been mentioned, for my lack of faith, my timidity in sharing His call, my weakness to have kept a generous and caring long-time friend from being a part of His Kingdom work in Indonesia.  


And all night long, as I have been thinking through my weaknesses, I have been reminded that He is perfected in my weakness.  That His power can come through in my weakness.  That it's not about me, it's about what He can and will do regardless of my fears and failures.  And for that I am thankful.


Thankful that He is the One who soften hearts.  He is the One who draws people near to Him.  He is the One who tenderly speaks to our heart and desires to be loved, because He first loved us.  It is He who does the work.  Whew!  A relief, and yet we are still called to share, to speak of His truth and love, and to act it out as His body here on earth.  


I am grateful, that despite my weakness, and in fact because of my weakness, He is made GREAT!  He can show His power.  He can dwell in me and strengthen the work that He is doing in my heart.  And He can give me the grace to boast only in Him and have faith in His plans and purposes!  


He is made strong and is glorified in my weakness, as I surrender to Him and let His power move me.

No comments:

Post a Comment