Sunday, August 21, 2011

Lake Reunion | A Time of Fellowship with Friends

Thursday morning we loaded up the car and made way for the lake.  The Lake!  The place I spent my high school years and retreated to throughout my time in college, as well.  The place where my summers were spent skiing, kneeboarding, tubing and trying my hardest to get up on the wakeboard (to no success).  The place where friends would come together for a great time away from the rest of the world.  This place is my little refuge and this weekend it served as the meeting point for a fantastic reunion with our Webb family. 

On Thursday afternoon, Micah, Amber, and Benjamin Webb pulled into the gravel lot just outside our family lake place. We quickly unpacked and snuggled in for a great weekend.  What a joy it was to see Micah home from his job overseas and the Webb's together and as a family! 

Ben & Cade


Friday was blur of babies, splashing, and fun.  Cade and Benjamin enjoyed a fun afternoon splashing around in a little pool on the dock and we all had a blast in one another's company.  We celebrated Micah's (belated) birthday and my dad's birthday during this amazing weekend away.






On Saturday, the adults played.  I can honestly say that I spent many hours doing something I haven't really done since highschool - TUBING.  My entire body still aches from the waves, turns, flips, and numerous failed attempts to throw me off the tube.  What a workout! 

This morning we said goodbye to our dear friends as they hurried home for some "normalcy" before Micah returns to work.  It was a bittersweet goodbye - such fun times had by all, but not knowing when we will see one another again. 

Tonight I find myself thanking God for the blessing of friendship and the ways He has chosen to bless us with people who draw us to Him, who seek after Him, and who show us more of who He is.  I am grateful for a Father who loves His children and for a Savior who makes that relationship possible.  Tonight, I am reminded as I type, that I am His and His heart is for me.  Tonight, my heart is overwhelmed by His love and mercy.




My friend, I think of you daily, because I care and it's true, that though we've shared a lot together, it's very rare that I see you.  And I want you to know that God loves you, and that I love you too and that even if we're hardly ever near, I'm talking to Him about you... 
I don't know when I'll see you again - a month, a year, or maybe more - but if your heart belongs to the Savior, I'll see you in the sky if not before.  And I want you to know that God loves you, and that I love you too.  And that even if we're hardly ever near, I'm talking to him about you...  
And I'll be praying for you every morning, as I start of the day with the Lord.  And I'll be praying that you're walking with Jesus, and abiding in His word. 
[Camp Glisson Farewell Song]

No comments:

Post a Comment