Sunday, August 7, 2011

A Weekend to Remember

This has been a weekend to remember. 
Yesterday morning we arose to Cade crying and realizing that he had cut his very first tooth!  What a wonderful surprise for the weekend.  After a much needed nap, we headed to Boise with the Neal's and enjoyed going to the mall and grabbing some dinner in downtown Boise.  The waiter at the amazing little Italian flatbread joint was a Boise State student - so we had a little chat/banter over the upcoming Boise State v. Georgia game - come on Dawgs!
The men waiting while the women shopped

Cade and Anders sleeping soundly

Cade and Anders happy and awake

Neal's and Greenwald's at dinner in downtown Boise


Due to lack of naps and cutting teeth, both Cade and his fun friend Anders (7 months old) proceeded to cry the entire way back to Boise, of course the cryfest was over as soon as we got out of the van.
So dinner for the little monkey and off to bed for the night sounded like the perfect ending to such an amazing day.

For church this morning, we decided that our Candidacy/Pre-field class should get together for a time of prayer, reflection, and encouragement.  What a joyful time to celebrate as we begin our last week together in Idaho and anticipate His blessings during our next chapter!

This afternoon, we went over to see the Stoppe's - so wonderful to see friends from our time in Longview up here in potato land.  Aaron and Erica have a precious 5 month old named Zoe and Cade just loved watching her.  When it was time for the afternoon naps, we parted ways.

Starting to get hungry for dinner, Pete and I decided that we would like to complete this day with some good Mexican food!  We pulled into a cute little place on our way back to the MAF base and ordered exactly what we wanted... or, tried to at least.  Just after receiving our food, Cade decided it would be a great time to get a smidge fussy (isn't it always the moment you sit down to do something/eat?).  I picked him up and noticed that our boy had a reason to be fussy - his diaper was leaking everywhere (even on my arm).  YUCK! I took inventory of the situation and just as I realized I would be changing his diaper, his clothes, and cleaning his car seat, the little monkey grabbed my drink (luckily it was water) and it spilled ALL over my legs.  I was drenched from the waist down!  The bathroom didn't have a changing table and so we proceeded to change him, clean him, clean me, change his clothes, and clean out his car seat in the large open area by our table - don't worry friends, no one was sitting in our area but us.  What a MESS!  The rest of our dinner was me sitting soaking wet, Cade happily standing on my lap as I tried to eat just a few bites of food, and Pete and I laughing so hard my abs hurt right now. 
Some things we learned - communication is KEY!, always come prepared for the not-so-normal as well as the normal, and life is awesome if you can laugh at yourself and not take yourself too seriously!

All in all - I absolutely LOVE my son, my husband, and this crazy thing called life! What a weekend to remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment