Sunday, November 20, 2011

Between The Hedges



On Saturday, my family did something we have never done - we went to a UGA game together at Sanford Stadium, Between The Hedges.  Mom, Dad, Pete, Cade and I woke up early and dropped Cade off at his Mimi and Grandpa's house so that we could cheer the Dawgs on to a victory (and consequentially take the SEC East!)  While we have all been to a UGA game together, we have never been to one all together in Athens, GA.  There is something amazing, invigorating, and empowering about being in Athens on game day.  It is a sensation that I remember well from my time in college at UGA and one that I will forever remember and cherish.  The excitement is palpable!  I can not imagine a better place to have spent my college years.


I LOVED my years in Athens. They were filled with fun, late nights, great friends, sweet freedom with little responsibility, and created memories that I will cherish for the rest of my life.  And though they say that the best 4 years of your life are those spent in college (and my college years were beyond wonderful) the amazing thing is, that every year just keeps getting better.  Every year has even more to love.  Every year provides more memories to cherish.  Every year I fall more in love with my God, my husband, and now my son!  Every year God lavishes His love on me in a new and exciting way.

So while I did thoroughly enjoy my college years, I can't say that they were the best years of my life because I honestly believe that I live the best year every year!

No comments:

Post a Comment