Sunday, April 1, 2012

While the Cat's Away...

...the mice will play!

For the past several days Pete has been out of town, more specifically, he has been enjoying the beauty of Alaska and flying among sky-high mountains and beautiful snow-covered scenery.  (A guest post of his trip is forth-coming.)

So while Pete has been away, Cade and I have been enjoying a fun few days of play (with a little work peppered in).  Whether it's been warm weather walks around the neighborhood, extra-long bubble baths, or long, song-filled drives around town, Cade and I have had a blast!

Along with sweet Cade moments, I also had the privilege of celebrating my long-time best girl's upcoming wedding over the weekend.  Like I said, while the cat's away... We had a blast blessing her with gifts, food, advice, and laughs.  Oh, there were laughs.  And as we prepare to move half way around the world, these are some of the memories that will keep me filled on lonely nights far away from family and friends.

Although it's been a wonderful weekend of Cade-man time (and special time for him and his grandparents during the wedding shower) I am overly excited to see my best friend, my teammate, my partner in life come Tuesday morning.  Tonight, I showed Cade some pictures of his daddy and with every picture, he giggled and squirmed.  These two mice are ready for their cat to come home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment