Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Today

Today... Today was a good day!  There are so many moments in this life that I cherish and remember fondly and today held a few very special moments that I intend to treasure always.

As I was holding Cade earlier today, I asked him something I ask him often, "Give mommy kissy faces,"  which is my odd way of asking Cade to give me a kiss.  Now, Cade has serious things to do - play peek-a-boo with EVERYTHING, imitate our every move, and crawl with intentionality as we follow on hands and knees - but today, he looked up at me and gave me MULTIPLE kissy faces!  Oh, the JOY!

Later, while we were eating dinner with my parents, Cade continuously leaned over, stretched out his arms and gave me the SWEETEST little man HUGS.  Each time, he would lay his head on my shoulder and hold onto my hair to keep me snuggled close to him.  Again, what JOY!

As if the earlier moments of my day weren't enough to stop and thank our Lord and Savior - there was more...  When we began to look through the mail, a very important piece of mail drifted to the top.  It is an invitation that I have been awaiting for a very long time.  You see, when we were 5 years old, my best girl friend and I made a pact - we would be one another's Maid of Honor upon finding "Mr. Right."  Almost 5 years ago, I married my "Mr. Right."  And in just a couple of months, she will marry hers!


Tonight, when the day had already been so filled with sweet, God-given moments, I opened our invitation to the blessed event - Anna and David's WEDDING!  And again, such JOY!  I am thrilled to be a part of this special event in which my best girl marries her best guy.  [The greatest fan(s) of your life!]

Today was a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment