Friday, March 2, 2012

Susie Homemaker

Last August, while Pete, Cade and I were in Idaho preparing for this adventure known to many as support-raising, to some as ministry partnership, and to others as partnership development, I told someone I was a homemaker.  When the man looked back at me puzzled, I asked if he knew what that meant.  He said, "Of course, you build homes."  I replied quickly that I did not build homes, but that I took care of the home, I took care of our son, I was a stay-at-home wife/mom.  

Yesterday I did something I have never done before.  I made, for the first time in my life, yeast bread - from scratch!  And, it turned out GOOD!  I was so proud of myself.  My family is also very excited for this accomplishment because it means yummy, home-made bread, OFTEN!  I then proceeded to make italian beef for sandwiches we had for our dinner together and ended the night by making granola.  I was on a roll and I was having fun "home-making".  

I can only begin imagine all the things I will learn to make from scratch in Indonesia - and the fun, new, daunting ingredients I will be using.  But at least I will go overseas with the knowledge of how to make bread.  For some strange reason, this is important as we pack up and prepare for so much new.  I want to be able to know a few things, even if it is only how to make something as simple as bread and granola.  

In the next week we will begin our immunizations and legal documentation required for moving overseas.  Just another small step (or giant leap, depending on how much you like needles) towards the ministry God has called us into!  

I look forward to updating you on the process as we prepare and ask that you would be praying for our ministry team to continue growing and that the Lord would lead us to people who are excited to serve Him through financial partnership with us and MAF! 

No comments:

Post a Comment